Managing and servicing a life settlement investment entails monitoring these various aspects of the policy, portfolio or fund:
- Managing Premium Obligations – Paying the lowest practicable amount of premium monthly, quarterly or annually in order to keep the policy in force so as to maximize the investor’s return at maturity.
- Tracking Lives of Each Insured – Periodically tracking the location and present health of an insured
- Death Certificates – Obtaining death certificates of insured’s and collection of death benefits at policy maturity
- Policy valuation – Mostly for resale purposes
- Updated LE’s – Provided by the provider upon request by the policy owner